There’s a growing interest in Australia – as there is around the western world – in using the power of hypnotherapy to help mums achieve the best possible birthing experience.
In response to this growing demand, the Academy of Hypnotic Science has created the first ever training program for using hypnotherapy for pregnancy and childbirth, that is now a government accredited qualification on scope with our RTO. The government-accredited Diploma of Hypnotherapy for Pregnancy and Childbirth (22223VIC) is a brand new, thorough, modern and fully-supported program created by experts using up-to-the-minute techniques, based on the very latest research.
The purpose of this course is twofold: firstly, to equip you with the skills, knowledge and expertise to teach hypnotherapy for pregnancy and childbirth to your clients; and, secondly, to equip you with the skills, knowledge and expertise to build your practice. By successfully completing this course you’ll be confident that you are ready to launch and grow your own private practice as a trained practitioner in the field, working with mums and their partners in couples and in groups.
As the experts in delivering clinical hypnotherapy training packages in Australia, and the home of hypnotherapy in Victoria, the Academy of Hypnotic Science is delighted to invite you to come and join us for this world first!
By successfully completing this course you will be able to work with mums to be and their partners, in couples and in groups, to train them to use hypnosis for pregnancy and childbirth to enable them to have the best possible childbirth experience. You’ll also be able to:
• Get insurance to practice as a Hypnotherapist;
• Get a Private Healthcare Provider Number upon successful membership of the AHA;
• Join any (or all!) of the national hypnotherapy professional associations;
• Launch and build your own practice specialising in this work.
This is the best – and by the best we mean the longest, most thorough and the first government-accredited – training course in the world for hypnotherapy for pregnancy and childbirth.
The syllabus includes:
• Hypnosis, hypnotherapy, hypnotic induction and self-hypnosis and their application for fertility, pregnancy, childbirth and postpartum;
• Counselling and relationship counselling;
• Educating your client in the benefits of hypnosis for pregnancy and childbirth;
• Anatomy and physiology of conception, pregnancy, childbirth and postpartum;
• Common health issues, both physical and psychological, around fertility, pregnancy and childbirth;
• Writing hypnotic scripts for mums-to-be;
• Pain management;
• Neurolinguistic programming;
• Postpartum depression;
• Referrals to you and your referrals to other practitioners and healthcare specialists;
• Building your business;
• Occupational Health and Safety aspects of setting up your practice.
The course comprises 13 Units of Competency, two hypnotherapy units (created by and exclusively owned by the Academy); one childbirth education (again, created by and exclusively owned by the Academy); one healthcare unit; six counselling units and two business units.
The course is open to anyone with a health professional, counselling, medical or hypnotherapy background. There are specific pre-requisites to training, and we have pathways for 22088VIC Certificate in Hypnotherapy graduates; Allied Health Professionals (some restrictions apply), and Nurses.
To sign up for the Diploma, our friendly RTO, Stirling Institute of Australia (RTO ID 21132), will conduct a Pre-Training Review with you, which will include a Language, Literacy and Numeracy test, to make sure this is the right course for you! Please see Stirling's Student Entry Procedure for more information!
You may then contact our Enrolment Manager to complete remaining relevant paperwork; please call the Academy on 1300 790 265 in office hours to arrange a chat – or, of course, to get answers to any questions you may have about the course.
Practicing Hypnotherapist for pregnancy and childbirth and Academy graduate, Donna Bourke